There is a famous quote from the legend Sachin Tendulkar – ‘when life throws stones at you, Convert them into milestones.’ A real-life example provides this quote right.
Mohammed Siraj – A son of an auto rickshaw driver, a player who was the weakest link of the team and was trolled for his performance, to becoming the ICC World Number 1 ODI bowler. It takes so much guts and handwork to prove the world.
- Full Name: Mohammed Siraj
- Nickname: Miyaan
- Date of Birth: March 13th, 1994
- Age: 29 years (as of 2023)
- Birthplace: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Nationality: Indian
- Height: 1.78m
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Batting Style: Right-handed
- Bowling Style: Right Arm Fast Medium
- Jersey No.: 13 & 73
- Favorite Player: Virat Kohli
- Social Media Profile: Instagram, Twitter
Teams Mohammed Siraj Played With
India, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Royal Challengers Bangalore, India A, India B, Hyderabad Rest of India, India Green, Warwickshire
Mohammed Siraj Life and Education
Siraj was born on March 13th, 1994, in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Siraj was a cricket lover since his childhood. He loved batting and started his career as a batsman. Later he became a fast bowler. His financial condition was poor as his father was an auto driver and his mother worked in other houses. His brother supported and encouraged him to take cricket as a profession. His friend advised him to become a bowler by looking at his skills. He did his schooling at Safa Junior College, Nampally, Hyderabad.
Mohammed Siraj Debut and Best Innings
Debut: Mohammed Siraj made his debut in international cricket by playing T20I. He made his debut on 4th November 2017 against New Zealand. His performance was below average as he was the most expensive bowler as he gave 53 runs off his bowling and took just 1 wicket. India lost the match by 40 runs.
- One of the best T20I innings of Siraj was against New Zealand on 22nd November 2022 in McLean Park, Napier. He took his career-best 4 wickets by giving just 17 runs in his 4 overs. The match ended as a tie due to rain and Siraj was given the Man of the Man award.
- The right arm quick made his ODI debut on 15th January 2019 at Adelaide against Australia. Siraj’s performance was below average as he was unable to take any wickets and leaked 76 runs in his 10 overs. However, India managed to pull off a high-scoring run chase in which Virat Kohli scored a magnificent century. India won the match by 6 wickets.
- One of the best ODI innings of Siraj was against Sri Lanka on 15th January 2023 in Thiruvananthapuram. Siraj was on fire as he took 4 wickets for just conceding 32 runs off his 10 overs which included 3 maiden overs. India won that match by a huge margin of 317 runs with Virat Kohli being the man of the match for his excellent 166 of 110.
- Siraj made his test debut on 26th December 2020 in the Border-Gavaskar Trophy along with Shubman Gill. He was good in the first innings as he took 2 wickets for 40 runs in his 15 overs. He was also the highest wicket-taker in the first innings as he took 3 wickets in the second innings while conceding 37 runs in 21.3 overs. India won the match by 8 wickets.
- One of his best test innings was against Australia in Brisbane on 15th January 2021. He took just 1 wicket in the first innings and took his first fifer and career-best 5 wicket haul for 73 runs. India won the match by 3 wickets because of a Rishab Pant classic.
Mohammed Siraj Cricket Career and Stats
Siraj also known as ‘Miyaan’ made his first-class debut in the Ranji Trophy, playing for Hyderabad on 15th November 2015. He was the highest wicket-taker of Hyderabad in the 2016-17 Ranji Trophy. He took 41 wickets in the season. Because of his impressive performance in domestic cricket, he was acquired by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2017 IPL auction for 2.6 crores. Soon in the next season, he was released by the Sunrisers and then he was acquired by the Royal Challengers Bangalore for 2.20cr.
He was also the leading wicket-taker of the 2018 Vijay Hazare Trophy, earning his name in the India A squad.
He made his international debut by playing T20I on 4th November 2017 against New Zealand in Rajkot. He was very expensive as he gave 53 runs off his bowling and took just 1 wicket. India lost the match by 40 runs. Colin Munro was declared the man of the match as he scored a brilliant ton and took 1 wicket.
Miyaan made his ODI debut on 15th January 2019 in Adelaide against Australia. He was not very much impressed with the ball as he leaked 76 runs off his full quota of 10 overs and didn’t take any wickets. However, India won the match as it was a stunning chase by the chase master Virat Kohli who was also declared as the man of the match.
Because of his performance and Covid fear, he was added to the 2020 Border Gavaskar Trophy. He made his test debut on 26th December 2020 in the Border-Gavaskar Trophy along with Shubman Gill in Melbourne. He was impressive in the first innings as he scalped 2 wickets of Marnus Labuschagne and Cameron Green. He was phenomenal in the second innings as he was the highest wicket-taker with 3 wickets. While chasing just 70 runs in the fourth innings India won the match comfortably by 8 wickets.
Currently, Siraj is playing for the Royal Challengers Bangalore and is also the highest wicket-taker of his side whereas also ranked 5th in the race for the purple cap.
Mohammed Siraj Records
- Best career strike rate – 26.0 (ODI)
- Most consecutive four wickets in an inning – 2 (ODI)
- Most consecutive matches missed for a team between appearances– 52 (T20I)
Mohammed Siraj Awards and Achievements
- Consecutive 2 maiden overs in an IPL match against KKR.
- Nominated for ICC Player of the Year award.
- Taking a Five wicket haul in a second inning of a test match in Brisbane
Mohammed Siraj’s Net Worth and Brand Endorsements
Mohammed Siraj’s net worth is expected to be around $5-$7milllion. This includes all the money from endorsements, IPL salary, BCCI contract, etc. However, this is just a rough figure and it may change or differ in reality. He earns 7cr from the RCB franchise in the IPL. His monthly income is expected to be 50 lakhs without including IPL money.
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Net Worth in Rupees||INR 38.5 crore|
|Source of Income||Salary, Match fees, and Brand Endorsements|
Mohammed Siraj Brand Endorsements
- My Circle 11
- Be O Man
- My Fitness
- Crash on the run
Mohammed Siraj Family
- Father: Mohammed Ghouse
- Mother: Shabana Begum
- Brother: Mohammed Ismail
Siraj was born on March 13th, 1994, in Hyderabad, Telangana. His financial condition was not at all good. He lived in a poor household. His father was an auto rickshaw driver and his mother used to work in other’s homes. Siraj also had a brother who supported him throughout his life. He only advised Siraj to take cricket as a profession. However, it was very tough for him to afford everything because of financial issues. Siraj mostly played tennis ball cricket and never really went to an academy for training in his early life. Siraj’s father expired due to cardiac arrest in November 2020 and he was very emotional about it. He also dedicated his maiden five-wicket haul to his father.
Statements On Mohammed Siraj Given by Cricketers
- Virat Kohli – “Siraj has shown tremendous character. To come back from Australia, straightaway play Test cricket, and take wickets in each innings…I am very happy for him.”
- Harbhajan Singh – “Siraj has shown that he has the ability to bowl long spells, which is a rare quality in modern-day cricket.
- VVS Laxman – “Siraj is a great story of resilience and character. He has shown that when you are passionate about something and have the talent, nothing can stop you.”
FAQs on Mohammed Siraj
1. What is Mohammed Siraj’s age?
Mohammed Siraj, born on 13th March 1994 is currently 29 years old.
2. What is Mohammed Siraj’s jersey number?
Mohammed Siraj is having 2 jersey numbers, 13 &73
3. Who is Mohammed Siraj’s favorite cricketer?
According to reports, Siraj names Virat Kohli as his favorite cricketer.
4. What is the nickname of Mohammed Siraj?
Mohammed Siraj’s nickname is – ‘Miyaan’
5. Which performance of Mohammed Siraj is his personal favorite?
According to Siraj, his personal favorite performance is his maiden five-wicket haul against Australia at the Gabba, Brisbane.